|9-10 weeks old||Canine Distemper (CDV), Canine Parvovirus (CPV- 2), Canine Adenovirus (CAV-2)||Round 1|
|13-14 weeks Old||Canine Distemper (CDV), Canine Parvo (CPV- 2), Canine Adenovirus (CAV-2)||Round 2|
|14-15 weeks||Canine Distemper (CDV), Canine Parvo (CPV- 2), Canine Adenovirus (CAV-2), canine Corona, Hepatitis vaccine and Rabies|
|18-20 weeks||Canine Distemper (CDV), Canine Parvo (CPV- 2), Canine Adenovirus (CAV-2), canine Corona, Hepatitis vaccine and Rabies|
After 2nd round of shots or for some who want to titer, wait only 2 weeks after 2nd round of vaccinations to check if the dog is immunized.
- The titer cost would be about $70 for all of them. However, you probably could get a package of shots including Bordetella, Leptospirosis and vet exams for about $125.
- Typically, we’ve seen DAPPV shot, a combination vaccine for distemper virus, adenovirus type 1 and 2, canine parainfluenza virus and canine parvovirus cost between $40 and $55.
- Note that for puppies, traditionally vets would recommend 3 visits.
- So what if you did the titer testing instead on the 3rd visit just to find out that you need the shot anyway. That is a question that pet owners would have to wrestle with.
- Bordetella shot or the nasal vaccine can range from $25 to $35. Add on tech exam fees and the Lepto Vaccine and you are looking at around $125 per visit.
- A Lyme vaccine would be about $30.
- On a side note, fecal tests and blood tests are a good idea during vet checkups and those are about $200 including the vet fees.
- > 6 months old – According to our vet, talk to your vet about having the rabies shot done after your pup is older than 6 months. And then every 3 years depending on which Canadian province you live in. Alternatively, you can have titer tests done.
If you want to understand pet psychology read here.
Pingback: Animal and Pet Psychology - Pluto Pet Clinics
Pingback: Show me the place where I can adopt a dog free in Ranchi - Pluto Pet Clinics